Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fashion Category Producer of Soya Awards


Got a call during the week from the delightful and (my own career crush) Jess Scully who is creative director of the Soya Awards - a brilliant initiative by Qantas to encourage creativity in the youth of Australia. I really wish I had of known about this when I was growing up within my career as I would have jumped at the chance!

Jess asked me to be the Fashion Category Producer of the Soya Awards which basically requires me to source some great design talent and help get the word out about the Soya Awards and then select 10 finalists from all of the entries.

So, are you a budding fashion or accessories designer? Or perhaps a craftsperson or stylist? Are you interested in winning $10,000 and a mentorship with Zimmermann?

With past winners including Akina, Friedrich Gray and ANT!PODiUM, this is one serious competition open to students and emerging designers who want to get ahead!

So.. this is what to do.

1. Go to the Soya website and follow the application questions and upload examples of your work.
2. Add some info about stockists, media coverage, participation in events or fashion shows, study etc
3. DONE ... its that easy!

Only catch - do it by July 31st 2009. That means 3 weeks till deadline! So get your project runway/stylish behind into gear and get entering!

No comments:

Post a Comment